Thursday, July 19, 2007

I think its about time I start blogging...

... and what better time than when Beth is in labor? Thats right- Beth is in some form of labor, be it early labor, pre-labor, or false labor. At this stage, giving birth feels a lot like figuring out my eschatological view, although if that were really true I might be inclined to think that this is false labor, or at the most pre-pre-labor, but only because of the locust plague in Africa I heard about this past week. Forgive me, its early.

So here is what is happening. Beth woke up at about 4:30 to a pretty strong contraction. She started having them irregularly over the past few days. We have tried every old wives' tale to get labor going. Last night she finally broke down and drank castor oil in a a strawberry shake from Wawa. Apparently what happens when you take castor oil is that you first have wicked diarhea, and then a baby. Well, at least we know the first part is true.

So it's now 5:30AM and Beth is sitting on her exercise ball bouncing away her contractions. They are becoming more regular and she is logging them in a notebook to help her figure out the time. They are currently about nine minutes apart, each lasting about 2 minutes. When she gets to the point that they are 5 minute apart, lasting 1 minute for an hour, we get to go to the birth center. Until then, she will labor at home.

I will attempt to update this throughout the day so everyone knows whats going on. Once we leave for the birth center, I will probably have to work through a proxy, but I will still try and update. We will see how this works, but please check back throughout the day. So all I have left to say for now is here we go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, it's time!!! I will be praying for you guys. You can do it Beth!

Anonymous said...

so exciting! thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you and Beth for a fast and painless delivery...wow..there will be a baby soon...get ready Mark...the update is exciting...thank you sista lei