Sunday, July 22, 2007

Beth spoke with the midwife at about 5 who advised that tonight she would take a sleep aid and get as much rest as possible. Tomorrow morning at 6:30am she will take a megadose of castor oil. My friend Matt tells me that mothers used to use the stuff to punish their children once upon a time. Anyway, by midmorning she should be as miserable as ever, but hopefully, with a little luck, in active labor. The midwife still gave Beth the option of being induced with pitocin anytime prior to Wednesday, which is when Beth won't have the choice but will be induced- like it or not. If she makes it to Wednesday though without giving birth, I'm sure she will like it. So right now she is trying to sleep with the help of a little prescribed medication, but is being kept awake by intense contractions 10 minutes apart. Did anyone think I would still be blogging about this on the 4th day?

4 comments:

Loke said...

Through all the pain & "inconvinience"...the ironic thing is that you & Beth will probably have 2 or 3 kids. I thought what I went through was bad...it's nothing compared to Beth...but like I've said in almost every comment, it's worth every tear & contraction. <3

Emma said...

Beth,
Just remember take care of yourself, your little Willow will want you chipper! LOL I was induced with Tim and it was not bad, he was two weeks late!! I think he turned out ok, just a little bias I think. God Speed!
Emmy

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really neat. I know things will turn out ok, but just to quote TOm Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part." KNow what I mean Vern?

Anonymous said...

(27 hours of labor/4 hours of pushing with Afton) PLUS (5 days and counting of In/Out Labor with Willow) EQUALS (A couple that that has complete disregard for punctuality.)